Hopeful, Inspirational, Positive!
Brant Pethick is an award-winning Christian singer/songwriter from Ottawa, Canada, who focuses on writing positive and hopeful inspirational anthems! Brant's lyrical exploration and sensitivity compels the listener to create their own legacy in an upbeat, artistic adventure of messages that embrace or question love, life and inspirational guidance.
With much anticipation, Brant released his debut album called Awake in 2012, which was produced by Gospel Music Association of Canada Producer of the Year, Andrew Horrocks. Four singles from Awake landed on Christian radio and charted on several stations.
Brant has since focused on the art of songwriting by collaborating with several influential professional songwriters and artists, such as Jaylene Johnson (Gospel Music Association of Canada winner / JUNO nominee), Jesse Weeks (National RadioStar Winner) and Arun Chaturvedi (JUNO nominated songwriter and Western Canadian Music Award Producer of the Year). Brant's efforts paid off, resulting in four additional radio singles (Christian/Commercial Pop), many of which were finalists in several international songwriting competitions in the Gospel/Christian category.
In 2016, Brant teamed up with JUNO nominee Jaylene Johnson and wrote the chart topping single, A Million Stars, which immediately landed on Christian radio and debuted in the Top 10 and remained there for three months. A Million Stars peaked at #2 on Christian radio across Canada in October of 2016. A Million Stars was also awarded an honorable mention in two international songwriting competitions (Unsigned Only and ISC), and was also a finalist in both the UK and Canadian Songwriting Competitions.
In 2018, Brant released his latest radio single Undeniable, which placed in the Canada Day Top 20 for Joy Radio in Toronto, a station serving hundreds of thousands of Canadian and US listeners. Undeniable is a song about human connection and how through the power of love and inspirational guidance, love and positivity always conquers.
In November 2018, Brant also released his first Christmas single called, It's Christmas Time, which landed on Christian radio across Canada. It's Christmas Time is a song about strengthening faith and spirituality but also about coming together as community and building positive outcomes for humanity as a whole.
In June 2019, Brant released Higher, an inspiring song of hope and victory, focusing on mental health and guidance through revival in His hands. Ultimately, to find strength and move towards a positive mindset. Higher debuted at #8 on Canadian national Christian radio charts and has remained for 3 months and charted for 6 weeks on Ottawa's CHRI Top 20 Countdown. Higher was awarded a winner (Honorable Mention) in both the 2019 Unsigned Only and 2018 International Songwriting Competition. With almost 19,000 entrants world-wide, only 1% of all entrants are selected as Honorable Mention, this is a remarkable achievement. Higher was also awarded as a Finalist in the 2019 John Lennon Songwriting Competition.
On September 20, 2019, Brant released Worth It which is featured in a new independent short film called "The Gift". There are so many dealing with feelings of hopelessness, questioning their self-worth, their ambitions and their spiritual guidance. Worth It is a song of healing, a passionate song expressing the hope and guidance to overcome this struggle to find our worthiness. Brant co-wrote Worth It with JUNO nominee & Covenant award winner Jaylene Johnson. God confirms we are all “Worth It”, our scars represent our achievements, and our successful journey through life. Worth It has already been awarded a winner in the 2019 Christian Songwriting Contest and a Semi-Finalist for 2019 Song Of The Year.
Higher (June 14, 2019)
More and more, many struggle with mental health issues, it’s all around us. Many are overloaded, dealing with an over abundance of stress, we’re struggling to focus on the right things which make a difference in our lives, in finding a balance, or questioning spiritual wisdom and direction.
Higher is an inspiring song of comfort and victory, about seeking hope and guidance through revival in His hands. Ultimately, to find strength and move towards a positive mindset.
• Finalist 2019 UK Songwriting Contest (Higher) *Ongoing
• Semi-Finalist 2019 UK Songwriting Contest (Worth It)
• Winner 2019 Christian Songwriting Contest (Worth It)
• Semi-Finalist 2019 Song Of The Year (Worth It)
• Single Higher charted for 6 weeks on Ottawa's CHRI Top 20 Countdown
• Winner (Honorable Mention) 2019 Unsigned Only (Higher)
• Finalist 2019 John Lennon Songwriting Contest (Higher)
• Single Higher charted #8 in Canada on Christian radio (July, August, September 2019)
• Single Higher charted #12 2019 annual Canadian Top 20, Joy Radio, Toronto
• Winner (Honorable Mention) 2018 ISC International Songwriting Competition (Higher)
• Single Undeniable #14 Canada Day 2018 annual Top 20, Joy Radio, Toronto
• Finalist 2017 John Lennon Songwriting Competition & UK Songwriting Competition (Undeniable)
• Semi-Finalist 2017 International Songwriting Competition (Undeniable)
• Higher Commended Entry 2017 UK Songwriting Competition (Smile)
• Finalist 2017 Canadian Songwriting Competition (A Million Stars)
• Winner (Honorable Mention) 2016 ISC International Songwriting Competition (A Million Stars)
• Single A Million Stars charted #2 (October 2016), #8 (July 2016) & #9 (August 2016) in Canada on Christian radio
• Winner (Honorable Mention) 2016 Unsigned Only Competition & Finalist UK Songwriting Competition (A Million Stars)
• Single A Million Stars charted #8 (July 2016) on Toronto's Joy 1250 Top 20
• Semi-Finalist 2015 UK Songwriting Competition, 2016 ISC & Unsigned Only Music Competition (When I'm With You)
• Winner 2016 City of Ottawa #ottmusik program (When I'm With You)
• Winner 2015 Pixie Award (When I'm With You - Music Video)
• Single When I'm With You added to both Christian & commercial Pop radio rotation in Canada (November 2015)
• Finalist 2014 USA Songwriting Competition (Only You)
• Winner 2013 Videographer Award of Distinction (Awake)
• Top 3 Finalist 2013 John Lennon Songwriting Competition (Imagine Someday)
• Winner 2013 ISC International Songwriting Competition (Everything Tonight)
• Finalist 2013 & 2012 Christian Song Competition
• Single & music video Awake serviced to radio June 1, 2013 and charted on Ottawa’s CHRI Top 20
• Single Believe In Me charted 19 weeks on Galaxie Music, #1 most played 13 weeks!
• Single and ISC Winner Everything Tonight charted #10 (July 2014) in Canada on Christian radio
• Debut single Only You Top 10 AC/CHR on Ottawa’s CHRI Top 20 and 11 weeks on Barrie’s LIFE 100.3
• Awake & Only You featured on Canada-wide Christian Top 20 as the Homegrown Hit
• Performed with 2013 JUNO Nominee Colin Bernard and Hawksley Workman
• Extensive charity efforts supporting: Canadian Diabetes Assoc., JDRF, Canadian Cancer Society, DoMore Canada
Seasonal Single - It's Christmas Time (November 16, 2019)
Brant's first holiday Christmas radio single, It's Christmas Time, is a song that is positive, hopeful and inspirational!
It's Christmas Time was co-written with JUNO nominee and GMA winner Jaylene Johnson and produced by JUNO nominee and WCMA Producer of the Year Arun Chaturvedi. This song is about strengthening faith and spirituality but also about coming together as community and building positive outcomes for humanity as a whole.
Dean Belanger, KFM Radio, Canada
Single - Undeniable (2018)
Undeniable is a song about human connection and how through the power of love and inspirational guidance, love and positivity always conquers. The single Undeniable is currently on radio in Canada, and reviews are as positive as the messaging in the song!
"A powerful song!"
James Kurtis, JOY Radio, Oakville, Canada
"It's Undeniable, Brant's follow up to his hit single Smile will move your feet as well as your heart with inspiring lyrics and an unforgettable tune that will encourage your soul and brighten your day!"
Ken Sanders, Inspired Radio, Nova Scotia, Canada
Single - Smile (2017)
In a world with so much pain and negativity, when you feel like you are struggling through life, you need to be reminded that there is so much good out there, and it starts with you in framing a positive mindset to pursue a culture of happiness.
Smile is an encouraging song of hope and support to remain positive as you push through those challenges...sometimes you've just got to Smile !
The feedback received for this song is that it's "Just In Time For Summer", has a happy and upbeat feel to it that instantly creates a supportive positive mindset.
"The new song Smile inspires happiness!"
Mark from Toronto, ON, Canada
Single - A Million Stars (2016)
Brant is a multi-award winning singer/songwriter from Ottawa, Canada, and his much anticipated new single, A Million Stars hit radio airwaves weeks before it's official release in May of 2016.
Brant recently teamed up with highly acclaimed award winning songwriters, Jesse Weeks (National RadioStar Winner/Topline Songwriter), Arun Chaturvedi (JUNO Nominated Songwriter, WCMA Producer of the Year/Luke McMaster) and Jaylene Johnson (JUNO Nominee/GMA Winner) to collaborate in creating music with a new upbeat sound, and emotional messaging focusing on positive life messages.
Brant is also a recent winner and finalist in 4 other International Songwriting Competitions, an accomplishment desired by many songwriters, which further solidifies and validates Brant's messaging and quality of songwriting.
James Houssen, CKO Radio
Moncton, NB, Canada
When I'm With You (July 21, 2015)
Brant released the song When I'm With You in 2015 that reached commercial pop radio across Canada and the music video for When I'm With You has received a 2015 Gold Pixie Award for excellence in music video production. The single was named a Semi-Finalist in the 2015 UK Songwriting Competition.
Several of Brant's singles have been featured in rotation on Canadian radio networks, including Everything which charted #10 in Canada on Christian radio in July 2014.
"Like the power of his voice!"
102.3 The Wave Hot AC, Nanaimo, BC
Uplifting and hopeful!"
Robert Hernandez, DJ Sean Winkle, Santa Ana, United States
“Muy bueno el Top 40” (“Very Good Top 40”)
Fernando Pellon, Top Cantabria FM Radio, Spain
“I like this and will play it in my shows.”
Maurizio Santi, Modena Radio City/Radio Mela, Italy
“Yes, I will chart this!”
Stefano Vaglio, T Club, Italy